Monday, September 28, 2009

Tidbits from the Granny Panties Crypt




Greetings and Glad Tidings!!! HeHe, I have always wanted to say that. I took a break from everything yesterday, and spent the day with a couple of girlfriends. It was such an awesome day, and I really feel renewed for starting my week.

My girlfriends are Marsha and Diane. They are new girlfriends. I absolutely love making new friends, and these two are very special. The girls came here for lunch, and I made French onion soup and pannini sandwiches. I LOVE French onion soup. I had never before in my life made it though, and I thought that it would be the perfect time to try my hand at it. I found a recipe at allrecipes.com, and the contributor is a woman that goes by the screen name of Jersey Tomato. As it turns out, this is her recipe that she put a lot of years into perfecting. I did not know that at the time, so I very flippantly told the girls that if the soup sucked it was on Jersey Tomato's head. It did not suck. It came nowhere near sucking! This woman really knows how to make French onion soup. Now I will have a new addiction to funnel fat into my body.

During lunch, the talk was just wonderful. It was girl time, and it was good girl time. It is days like that that make me really appreciate being a girl, and all that it implies. When I was younger, much younger, I very prudently realized the value of long friendships with other women. It was one of the very few prudent realizations that I had back then, but I abided by it and have always stuck by my friends for as long as I possibly could. I say that because there were just some friends that would become too demanding in one way or another and those friends had to be let go. As it turns out, I have 3 friends that are in the forever club…you know, those list toppers that would go to hell and back for you, and then so many other close friendships as well. Not bad for a girl who’s moved all around the country. Marsha and Diane have a list topper relationship. They both said to me that they would choose each other over their husbands…and they meant it. I believe them. We all seemed to understand that when it really comes down to it, your girlfriends are ALWAYS going to be there. Husbands and boyfriends come and go, but your list topping girlfriends are ALWAYS going to be there.



Marsha had been getting a big kick out of my Granny Panties commentaries, and it spurred good discussions about wearing our Granny Panties with pride. She was talking about a woman in her office fighting Granny Panties tooth and nail, and you know I have noticed that women who fight it are always noticed as doing so. When we fight it, we stick out like a sore thumb. I myself fought for the longest time, and I know how unbecoming that was to me. What we eventually come to realize though is that Granny Panties is a reward…a huge burden lifted from our shoulders….and the only way to receive the reward, is to accept it.

After lunch, we all donned out Granny Panties Fa La La…lol…just kidding. Anyway, we then went to the Fall Craft Fair here in Washington, and proceeded to have a wonderful time in the sunshine and fresh fall air, checking out all of the booths and spending way too much money...but also having way too much fun to stop. It was a beautiful day! Thanks girls! Love to you both!

And love to the rest of my Sistah’s!

Joylynn
Proud member of the Granny Panties Subset

No comments:

Post a Comment