Sunday, September 13, 2009

Today...

I have been having a little bit of trouble lately because now I am a place where I am trying to market my product, and I am not sure how to proceed.  When I was in my 20's, I got a job selling typewriters.  It was one of the worst jobs of my entire life, and I have shied away from selling ANYTHING ever since.  So now, here I am, facing one of my greatest fears.  Personally, I just want to sit in my shop and make baskets...obviously that alone will not bring in the dough.  A good marketing campaign is going to take some time to build, and that freaks me out a little because I feel like I should be making baskets.  So this is a big plunge for me - and so that it doesn't overwhelm me too much, I am going to remember to narrow my journey down to today.  I can deal with today.  I can make my little "to do" list in the a.m., and then do my best to accomplish what I can - today.  It gets very overwhelming...all of the things that need to be done to make this happen.  I am just one person, and not only are there a lot of different facets to entrepenuirship...I have to learn how to do them before I can even get started.  But throughout my life, whenever I took on something daunting, I would always try to remember to just narrow it all down to one day, and do my best for that day.  When I do that, things transform and take shape, and accomplishment is in the works.  This will happen too.  I will chisel away each day, and I will learn, and I will accomplish, and I will succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment